Friday, April 19, 2013

Failed Visit



Who could use a little laugh on a Friday? Me too.

Let’s try this one:

A preacher decided to visit some of his church members one Saturday. At one house it was clear to him that someone was home, but nobody came to the door. The persistent preacher knocked several times. After no response, he took out his card and wrote on the back:

Revelation 3:20 - "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him and he with me."

The next day the same card showed up in the collection plate. Below the preacher’s handwritten message was another scripture, written by one his members, responding to his visit and message.

Genesis 3:10 - "I heard your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked and I hid myself."

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment