Thursday, January 26, 2012

Close?


I took this picture 2 days ago. I have a flower still alive from last Summer! I’ve never seen anything like it. I know our winter has been relatively mild, but we have had temps down in the mid teens a few times, yet this flower has survived. Why?

I think there are two things that are key.

1.) It is located fairly close to the house, about three feet.

2) It is located right next to a big rock.

My theory is that its location next to the house and, more importantly, its location right next to a rock that holds heat from the Sun has kept it alive all winter long.

Seems like a good picture for us: stay close to house of the Lord (church, which is people, of course) and stay tight with Jesus.

"Jesus is a rock in a weary land! A weary land! A weary land!"

Are you close?

No comments:

Post a Comment